Gym-Fit Direct Parts
This Policy applies as between you, the User of this Website and Gym-Fit Direct
Parts Supply Ltd the owner and provider of this Website. This Policy applies to
our use of any and all Data collected by us in relation to your use of the
1. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
“Data” means collectively all information that you submit to the Gym-Fit Direct
Parts Supply Ltd via the Website. This definition shall, where applicable,
incorporate the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;
“Cookie” means a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when
you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of
the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in Clause
“UK and EU Cookie Law” means the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC
Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic
Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
“User” means any third party that accesses the Website and is not employed by Gym-Fit
Direct Parts Supply Ltd and acting in the course of their employment; and
“Website” means the website that you are currently using
2. Scope of this Policy
This Policy applies only to the actions of Gym-Fit Direct Parts Supply Ltd and
Users with respect to this Website. It does not extend to any websites that can
be accessed from this Website including, but not limited to, any links provided
to social media websites.
Without limitation, any of the following Data may be collected by this Website
• contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers
• financial information such as credit / debit card numbers
• IP address (automatically collected)
• web browser type and version (automatically collected)
• operating system (automatically collected)
• a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website,
and the site you exit to (automatically collected)
3. Data Use
• Any personal Data you submit can be retained by Gym-Fit Direct Parts Supply
Ltd for six months.
• Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to Clause 5,
your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This [includes] OR [does not
include] our affiliates and / or other companies.
• All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the
Data Protection Act 1998.
• Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order
to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our
Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
• internal record keeping
• improvement of our products / services
• transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you
• contact for market research purposes which may be done using email,
telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the
4. Third Party Websites and Services
• Gym-Fit Direct Parts Supply Ltd may, from time to time, employ the services
of other parties for dealing with matters that may include, but are not limited
to, payment processing, delivery of purchased items, search engine facilities,
advertising and marketing. The providers of such services [do not] have access
to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
• [Any Data used by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to
perform the services that Gym-Fit Direct Parts Supply Ltd requests. Any use for
other purposes is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, any Data that is processed
by third parties shall be processed within the terms of this Policy and in
accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.]
5. Links to Other Websites
This Website may, from time to time, provide links to other websites. Gym-Fit
Direct Parts Supply Ltd has no control over such websites and is in no way
responsible for the content thereof. This Policy does not extend to your use of
other websites prior to using them.
6. Changes of Business Ownership and Control
• Gym-Fit Direct Parts Supply Ltd may, from time to time, expand or reduce our
business and this may involve the sale and/or the transfer of control of all or
part of Gym-Fit Direct Parts Supply Ltd. Data provided by Users will, where it
is relevant to any part of our business so transferred, be transferred along
with that part and the new owner or newly controlling party will, under the
terms of this Policy, be permitted to use the Data for the purposes for which
it was originally supplied to us.
• In the event that any Data submitted by Users is to be transferred in such a
manner, you will [not] be contacted in advance and informed of the changes.
[When contacted you will [not] be given the choice to have your Data deleted or
withheld from the new owner or controller.]
7. Controlling Use of Your Data
• Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to
restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
• use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
• sharing Data with third parties.
8. Your Right to Withhold Information
• You may access [certain areas of] the Website without providing any Data at
all. [However, to use all features and functions available on the Website you
may be required to submit certain Data.]
see Clause 12.
• Data security is of great importance to Gym-Fit Direct Parts Supply Ltd and
to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and
managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
• This Website may place and access certain Cookies on your computer. Gym-Fit
Website and to improve our range of [products] AND/OR [services]. Gym-Fit
Direct Parts Supply Ltd has carefully chosen these Cookies and has taken steps
to ensure that your privacy is protected and respected at all times.
• All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and
EU Cookie Law.
• [Certain features of the Website depend upon Cookies to function. UK and EU
Cookie Law deems these Cookies to be “strictly necessary”. These Cookies are
shown below. Your consent will not be sought to place these Cookies. You may
still block these cookies by changing your internet browser’s settings as
• This Website places the following Cookies:
• This Website uses analytics services provided by Google Analytics. Website
analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse usage
statistics, enabling us to better understand how Users use the Website. This,
in turn, enables us to improve the Website and the [products] AND/OR
[services]offered through it. You do not have to allow us to use these Cookies,
as detailed below, however whilst our use of them does not pose any risk to
your privacy or your safe use of the Website it does enable us to continually
improve our business.
required information. [Certain of these Cookies may be placed immediately when
you decide to visit the Website and it may not be possible to obtain your prior
consent. You may remove these Cookies and prevent future use of them by
following the steps set out below.]
• The analytics services used by this Website use the following Cookies:
• You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most
internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all
cookies or only third party cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept
Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help
menu in your internet browser.
• You can choose to delete Cookies at any time however you may lose any
information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently
including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
• It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date
and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your
internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
11. Changes to this Policy
Gym-Fit Direct Parts Supply Ltd reserves the right to change this Policy as we
may deem necessary from time to time or as may be required by law. Any changes
will be immediately posted on the Website and you are deemed to have accepted
the terms of the Policy on your first use of the Website following the
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your
Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Volusion to power
our online store--you can read more about how Volusion uses your Personal
Information here: https://www.volusion.com/privacy-policy
We also use Google Analytics to help us
understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google
uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable
laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful
request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your opted in Personal Information to provide you
with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of
interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you
can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital
Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices
when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal
information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be
corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right,
please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing
your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for
example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our
legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your
information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order
Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this
example, changes to our practices or for other operational, legal or regulatory
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if
you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
Direct Parts Supply Ltd Gym-Fit
Unit 3 Cowling Business Park
Canal Side-Chorley-PR6 0QL-UK
T 01257 231 510